Decoding Disney

Decoding Disney

Sunday, April 10, 2016

The Beauty in Language

This YouTube video shows Disney Princesses singing in their 'native' language. Ariel sings in Danish, Mulan in Mandarin, Elsa in Norwegian, Jasmine in Arabic, and Rapunzel in German. I love hearing different languages, so personally find this very interesting! And the songs are just as spectacular!


"Endlich sehe ich das Lich" - Tangled
"Endlich sehe ich das Licht
Und die Dunkelheit vergeht"

There's also a part two....so yep, I watched that too! This one features Belle, Snow White, Magora, Aurora, and Anna. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJHpk4nWVOg


"Belle (Reprise)" - Beauty and The Beast
"Je veux tout ce que je n'ai pas :
Un ami qui me comprenne
Et des livres par centaines,
Sans m'occuper des gens qui jacassent"


I only understand the French and German translations, but here are links to translated lyrics for the other songs too: (I can't vouch for their accuracy!) 

The Little Mermaid: "Part Of Your World" --> Danish

Mulan: "Reflection" --> Chinese

Frozen: "Let It Go" --> Norwegian

Tangled: "At Last I See The Light" --> German

Beauty and the Beast: "Belle (reprive)" --> French

Snow White and the Seven Dwarves: "Whistle While You Work" --> German

Hercules: "I Won't Say I'm In Love" --> Greek

Sleeping Beauty: "Once Upon A Dream" --> French

Frozen: "For The First Time In Forever: --> Norwegian

No comments:

Post a Comment